Freida Pinto's wedding plans

Rise of the Planet of the Apes" star Freida Pinto is feeling the pressure to make it official with her longtime boyfriend, Dev Patel -- but it's coming from an unlikely source.
On Thursday's "Tonight Show," Jay Leno pointedly asked the lovely actress, who first made it big in the Oscar-winning "Slumdog Millionaire," about her plans. "Now I know some Indian families are very conservative. Is there pressure to marry?"
"No! Dev's 21! My family, they're very supportive of everything I do and they want me to do whatever I want to do.... If I do get married one fine day, which I know I will, they'll be happy for me. There's no pressure," she said, then jokingly asked,"Which Indian family did you meet?"
While Pinto is unlikely to be walking down the aisle soon, there was a time not so long ago when planning weddings was something she wanted to do -- for a living.
Before her breakthrough in "Slumdog Millionaire," Pinto devised a backup plan in case the whole acting thing didn't work out. She loves to organize things, so she thought: "OK, great. I'll become a wedding planner. Plus wedding planning's not really big in India so I thought I'd like to capitalize on it. That didn't take off, and I don't think it'll ever take off."
Fortunately for Pinto, Plan A worked out pretty well.

Blog Archive